ICC-SRCC™ OG-400 CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Solar Pool and Spa Heating Systems
The ICC-SRCC™ OG-400 Solar Pool & Spa Heating System Certification Program provides proof of compliance for solar water heating systems to the current ICC 902/APSP 902/SRCC 400 standard. This ground-breaking standard was completed and approved as an American National Standard in 2017.
OG-400 certification of solar pool & spa heaters ensures that systems meet minimum requirements for safety and durability. Certified systems must properly integrate with pool designs and systems to ensure that critical safety protections for water quality, suction entrapment and maximum temperature are maintained. For certification, ICC-SRCC™ staff review system designs, material specifications, installation manuals and operation manuals.
Building officials look to the OG-400 certifications to provide proof of compliance with the standard, and key third-party information for inspections. Pool designers and consumers seek OG-400 certification as a mark of quality, safety and durability.
The OG-100 program ensures that these collectors meet minimum safety and durability criteria, and provide standardized performance ratings for different climates and applications. The ICC-SRCC™ OG-100 ratings allow the performance of collectors from various manufacturers to be compared on an equal basis. ICC-SRCC™ certificates provide the key information consumers and system designers need to compare, model and select the right collectors for their system. OG-100 certified collectors are required for all OG-300 certified systems.
Dozens of incentive programs and regulations nationwide recognize and require ICC-SRCC™ OG-100 certification. Check the DSIRE website for listings of solar water heating and solar pool heating programs that reference ICC-SRCC™'s OG-100 certification.
- WIDESPREAD NORTH AMERICAN ACCEPTANCE. ICC-SRCC™ certification is widely recognized throughout North America for solar heating products, ensuring that certified products can be sold, incentivized and installed virtually anywhere in the U.S.
- TRUSTED & KNOWLEDGABLE. ICC-SRCC™ has been providing solar heating certifications for over 3 decades. Our staff are solar thermal experts. We know your products and we know Standard 400 - because we worked with the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP) to create it.
- SAFETY AND DURABILITY. OG-400 certification involves more than just modeling. ICC-SRCC™'s engineers review systems to be sure they meet all requirements of the ICC 902/APSP 902/SRCC 400 Standard, providing assurance that they meet comprehensive safety, durability and minimum performance requirements and comply with Federal law, like the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act (VGB).
- OG-100 INTEGRATION. OG-400 certifications require the use of OG-100 certified solar thermal collectors. This ensures that the solar collectors used on pool heating systems must meet the rigorous and time-tested requirements of the OG-100 program. It also provides a source of high-quality performance data for each pool collector.
- WEB-BASED CERTIFICATES. OG-400 systems are provided with a certificate of compliance, readily available on the ICC-SRCC™ website, www.solar-rating.org. They feature system details and a complete schematic of the approved system.
To learn more about ICC-SRCC™'s OG-400 certification program, click on any of the links provided, or contact us at email@example.com.
Some documents in this site are in a PDF file format. Go to Adobe© Acrobat© Reader™ to obtain a free version of the Reader™. PDF file links will open in a new browser window.