CERTIFICATION & LISTING PROGRAMS - ICC-SRCC™ OG-300 PROGRAM
Solar Thermal Systems
The ICC-SRCC™ OG-300 Solar Thermal System Certification Program provides certification of complete solar thermal systems to the current ICC 9010/ICC-SRCC™ 300 Solar Thermal Systems Standard. The program ensures that these systems meet minimum criteria, and provide performance ratings for many locations in the U.S.
The program makes use of sophisticated computer models to provide performance ratings for solar thermal systems instead of impractical and expensive laboratory testing. These models calculate the performance of the system using the testing results from the ICC-SRCC™ OG-100 Collector Certification Program and the characteristics of other components in the system such as tanks, heat exchangers, pumps and control systems. The result is performance estimates for the specific system (solar fractions, solar energy factors and energy savings) for locations throughout the U.S. This information allows various systems to be compared directly and consistently.
Dozens of incentive programs and regulations nationwide recognize and require ICC-SRCC™ OG-300 certification. Check the DSIRE website for solar water heating incentive programs that reference ICC-SRCC™'s OG-300 certification.
- INCENTIVE PROGRAM ACCEPTANCE: ICC-SRCC™ OG-300 certifications are recognized and in some cases required by incentive programs nationwide. Certifying with ICC-SRCC™ ensures that your system can be sold and incentivized virtually anywhere in the U.S.
- TRUSTED: ICC-SRCC™ has been offering solar thermal certifications for over 3 decades. ICC-SRCC™'s staff are solar thermal experts. We know your products and we know Standard 300 - because we created it.
- FAIR AND OBJECTIVE RATINGS: High-quality modeling provides estimates of system performance and the energy savings in many different climates. ICC-SRCC™ models all OG-300 systems using the same conditions so users can easily get an unbiased comparison.
- US AND CANADIAN RATINGS: Daily average ratings are provided for both the U.S. and Canada for use in the US EPA ENERGY STAR program and HOT2000 energy modeling established by Natural Resources Canada (NRCAN).
- SAFETY AND DURABILITY: OG-300 certification is more than just modeling. ICC-SRCC™'s engineers review systems to be sure they meet ICC-SRCC™ 300 Standard, providing assurance that they meet comprehensive safety, durability and minimum performance requirements.
- WEB-BASED CERTIFICATES: OG-300 certified systems are provided with a certificate of compliance, provided on the ICC-SRCC™ website, www.solar-rating.org. The certificates feature certified performance ratings and a complete schematic of the approved system. Check them out on our online listing directory.
To learn more about ICC-SRCC™'s OG-300 certification program, click on any of the links below, or contact us at email@example.com.
ICC-SRCC™ OG-300® MODELING SERVICE
Are you considering making changes to your existing ICC-SRCC™ OG-300 certified systems? Would you like to understand what the impact might be on your ratings?
This low-cost service allows ICC-SRCC™ OG-300 program participants to see the result of system design variations to learn what impact they will have on the performance ratings. Modeling provides results that will include the daily Solar Fraction (SF) and Solar Energy Factor (SEF) and the annual SF and SEF in four locations for the revised system. Ratings are provided for Phoenix, AZ (high solar radiation), Madison, WI (low solar radiation) and two additional cities of choice. Click here for more information: ICC-SRCC™ OG-300® Modeling Service Description
Some documents in this site are in a PDF file format. Go to Adobe© Acrobat© Reader™ to obtain a free version of the Reader™. PDF file links will open in a new browser window.